• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540W Vertical Alignment Of Cyan & Magenta On Test Prints

mhowitt

Hi,
Let me introduce myself, My name is matt, Ive stalked this forum for a long time and recently joined. Last week I purchased a used roland XC-540W. Previous owner prepped the unit for shipping, I picked up the unit and transported it in a trailer ~ 550 Miles back to Dayton, OH. I had a few minor issues seting up the machine, Ive resolved them from searching previous posts on this forum, which I am quite grateful for.

Moving on to what I believe is a problem but correct me if I am being to much of a perfectionist. When I do a test print the cyan and magenta do not line up vertically as shown in the attachment. I have a higher quality scan available Here http://www.frappausa.com/images/ebay/2014/Test_Print_Alignment.jpg
I have tried aligning the unit with bi directional, printhead, simple detailed etc with no success.
Is this a physical alignment issue? How can this be resolved?
Thanks for the help
-Matt

Attachments

• Test_Print_Alignment.jpg
    Test_Print_Alignment.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 234

MagnificentBastid

You are going to need to do a head alignment. Unfortunately the procedure to do this isn't in the regular manual. I don't have the service manual for this printer, but I do have one for the XJ740 so perhaps the process is similar. Below is a link to download it, just look at section 4-4 Head Alignment.

If you're uncomfortable doing it, then I recommend finding a local certified Roland tech to do it instead.

Good luck!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6283C4FFD4D87176!603

Karen-Kang

Hi,
Let me introduce myself, My name is matt, Ive stalked this forum for a long time and recently joined. Last week I purchased a used roland XC-540W. Previous owner prepped the unit for shipping, I picked up the unit and transported it in a trailer ~ 550 Miles back to Dayton, OH. I had a few minor issues seting up the machine, Ive resolved them from searching previous posts on this forum, which I am quite grateful for.

Moving on to what I believe is a problem but correct me if I am being to much of a perfectionist. When I do a test print the cyan and magenta do not line up vertically as shown in the attachment. I have a higher quality scan available Here http://www.frappausa.com/images/ebay/2014/Test_Print_Alignment.jpg
I have tried aligning the unit with bi directional, printhead, simple detailed etc with no success.
Is this a physical alignment issue? How can this be resolved?
Thanks for the help
-Matt

Try to do the head soak, and replace the dampers to test.

mhowitt

I manually aligned the heads today once I came up with a 1.5mm Allen Wrench. Procedure was straight forward and simple but I cracked one of the nipples on the manifolds. I will have a new one in the morning. I installed versaworks this afternoon I should have the machine up and running I hope over the weekend making its first prints.