• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xerox 8265/Mutoh Rockhopper pro III - License help?

SignProPlus-Chip

OK, so we just upgraded to this larger albeit used printer. The Xerox WFC rip software came with it. Much to my surprise, when I installed it on my system, a message appeared that "this software was already licensed on another system". Which of course belongs to the previous owner. SO I called Xerox.

I was then informed that I would have to not only have a service call for a tech to transfer the license to my machine (PC) but that it would cost a few hundred dollars, and it wasn't even permanent. The license would expire, requiring another service call down the road, and if I neede to migrate to any other computer in the future, that would also require a service call. They also recommended I should have a contract with them on this machine.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is all of that necessary, or is it possible the rep I spoke with had their facts wrong?

What are my other options for RIP software?

Keep in mind I was not expecting to have to shell out for additional licenses, so I guess a better question would be what are some inexpensive options for RIP software?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Flexi will run it if you at least ver8.6.
You can load both setups for the Mutoh 1604 and 8264
This will allow you to use the Xerox material icc profiles along with
all the ones available for the 1604.

I have this set up with a 8254.

wayne k
guam usa

SignProPlus-Chip

Flexi will run it if you at least ver8.6.
You can load both setups for the Mutoh 1604 and 8264
This will allow you to use the Xerox material icc profiles along with
all the ones available for the 1604.

I have this set up with a 8254.

wayne k
guam usa

Thanks Wayne!

Unfortunately Flexi isn't an option right now.:(

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Ah, I saw Flexi in your program list.
If it is too old I don't think there is a less expensive way to get a RIP that will run the 8265.
Xerox is getting out of the wide format biz - at least in the US market so it is going to be harder and harder to get service, parts and inks out of them in the near future.

wayne k
guam usa

SignProPlus-Chip

FYI - the xerox software is made by SAI and is essentially a re-branded Flexi.

Got everything working on Monday. It was a s simple as the previous owner uninstalling the software from his computer via the "transfer license" option in the help menu.

SignProPlus-Chip

Leaking ink cartridge on Rockhopper?

A couple of nozzles were not printing, cyan and magenta. When we looked at the carts, they were leaking. We popped one open but the bladder is fine, no leaks. It would appear the cart is leaking from where the ink is drawn out. Could a clog somewhere in the system create a back pressure forcing the ink out of the cart like this?

FYI everything else looks fine. Anything else to check that we may be missing?