• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xerox laminating card

woolly

I have recently changed from oki to Xerox card printer and run in to a laminating problem the same laminate will not adhere to the Xerox toner as it did to the oki toner.
anybody found simular and a cure

Rodan68

You can try Cosmo's Hi-tac film or D&K's Superstick film but from experience nothing really sticks well to Xerox's fuser oils.
Letting them dry after printing and not cutting for 24 hours after laminating is recommended.

Sorry for all of the question but they are necessary to diagnose your problem? We run into this problem all the time. Some times we can work with and sometimes not.

what brand of film are you using? Is it for digital or for offset? what mil?
what are your temperatures set at?
what speed are you running at?
are you using a roll laminator or heat shoe laminator?
what stock are you printing on?

woolly

thanks for input

satin digital 350 gsm card
xerox 7535
130 deg c slowed up to about 3 in / sec roll laminator
film make not sure about .05mm but sold to me for the job in hand
sticks to the unprinted side perfectly used to work perfectly with the oki at 120 deg 8 in /sec
naturally xerox say they have never had a problem
i am in the uk so any guidance helpful

many thanks

chris

Every thing that you have written sounds right. I would change the paper you are currently using to a uncoated stock.
I have seen night and day difference from using a coated stock to a uncoated stock, especially with xerox.

a couple of extra tips are to slow the machine down, try running the machine with no fans, thicker gauge film with more adhesive than the polyester, try another digital film from another manufacture, increase nip pressure, sell your printer.

woolly

Thanks for your time

sell the printer seams favourite. In fact it's going back as a not doing what was promised
When it decides to pick up the paper it prints better than my oki but that is when

cheers