• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow channel on Latex

jpena9137

Ive been having an issue with the yellow on the latex and cant quite figure out how to diagnose. At first it was a bit dirty in and thought I might clean the heads. The top image was the most recent after the head cleaning - clearly it is worse than the first round that are pictured below it. The problem got worse after that. I attached some images and any insights would be appreciated!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-03-17 13.45.58.jpg
    2015-03-17 13.45.58.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 2015-03-17 11.20.22.jpg
    2015-03-17 11.20.22.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 2015-03-17 11.20.06.jpg
    2015-03-17 11.20.06.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 116
Which model of Latex is this?

Assuming that it is running Yellow and Black through one head, as was the case on the L2 machines, you are seeing cross-contamination on at least one of the YK heads. I would suggest that you run a nozzle test print (Ink Menu > Image Quality Maintenance > Clean Printheads > Test Print), and see which head is causing the issue.

You can then attempt to run one or more cleanings on that head color, or simply replace the offending head(s). Depending on the amount of ink that has passed through that head, it may be a warranty or non-warranty replacement.

If you have to buy the head, the cost is less than $100 and you're back in business in about 10 minutes after replacing the head (the printer will calibrate automatically after head insertion).

jpena9137

Thanks for the tips. I called HP and they were still under warranty so I will give some new heads a try. Thanks!

bigben

Let us know if replacing the heads resolve the problem. I would like to know if I have this problem in the future.

Thank.

Dennis422

I think you have jinxed me.
Came to run the printer today and saw the same thing.
The printhead only ran 241 ml of ink.

Dennis422

And yes, they are sending me a new one.
In case there is someone else that has a cool down time still set at 30 minutes, they have told me to increase it to 120 minutes.
I guess, the 30 minutes cool off time is not enough and that is one of the main reasons that the printheads are failing.