• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

YELLOW HAZE mostly on black printshttp://www.signs101.com/forums/images/smilies/brick

tooserious

Hello ..so I have replaced the yellow and black head(Mimaki JV3 130sp II )...and I am still getting yellow haze overspray around the black print...any suggestions???? Could it be the Solaris ink??? Thank you!!!!!!!

Hey Tooserious,

Unfortunately the picture you were trying to post did not show up, but that said I have seen bad batches of ink cause overspray on Mimaki printers before. One trick you could try is to swap the dampers and ink lines between the yellow head and another channel that is working fine, like the Magenta. Do a couple of hard cleanings to pull the "wrong color" inks into the heads and then try the same print again - Yes, the colors are going to come out all wacky but what you're looking for is to see what color the overspray is. Does the problem follow the ink or stay with that Head channel?