• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow is lost, printing "greenish" instead.... Mutoh Falcon - Please help

Dennis422

Here are few pics of the current pics. That was supposed to be mostly orange color instead of that purple and then green after the cleaning.
The last thing I printed was 4-5 days ago, but i did nozzle checks every day and cleaning every 2-3 days to keep the ink going.
I'm a small shop and I do not do everyday printing.

To save the substrate, I did nozzle checks on a top of each other and I did not notice that yellow changed to almost pure cyan.
After I printed the first test block, which came out purple instead of orange, I did a clean cycle and after that, the print became green instead of orange. I go t some yellow back, but I'm still getting some cyan mixed with it.

As I newb, I do not have a clue what I need to do. Any pointers would be helpful.
The printed has 2 new heads installed 2-3 months ago. I'm using Mutoh inks.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 2013-09-08_22-22-27_865.jpg
    2013-09-08_22-22-27_865.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 2013-09-08_22-22-38_590.jpg
    2013-09-08_22-22-38_590.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 97

letterman7

Keep running cleaning cycles or run solid blocks of color - yellow, cyan, black and magenta. Make the blocks about 2' square. What you have is cross contamination in the lines, likely from the inks being sucked back up and mixing while the head is parked. Sometimes doesn't take long. If that fails you may have to manually flush the lines.

And for new heads, you got a lot of nozzles not printing... did you change the maintenance station as well?

Dennis422

And for new heads, you got a lot of nozzles not printing... did you change the maintenance station as well?

Thanks for the comments.

The tech said that all the printer needed was the heads, that everything else was good. He had to unplug the the lines that go from the capping station to the waste bottle, but that was it.
The lines in the nozzle check were always there, could that be because it set on draft quality when doing the nozzle check?
I do not see any issues when printing, everything looks good printed.

I'll do the color blocks later today when i get home. Lets hope that helps.

Thanks again

CRD

Check if the cappingstation foams are flat not swollen. If they are not flat they connect the nozzles which cause cross contamination.It also prevents the purging of the heads. In worst case you can remove the foam which are two layers and only use lower layer. Paco

Dennis422

Check if the cappingstation foams are flat not swollen. If they are not flat they connect the nozzles which cause cross contamination.It also prevents the purging of the heads. In worst case you can remove the foam which are two layers and only use lower layer. Paco

On the money :) :thankyou:

The little mesh thingie popped out and the foam was sticking up.
Put the mesh back in and it seams it is OK now. I had to drain the lines completely and I have put the new damper in.
Luckily, I was hanging around when I had the tech in to fix my printheads. I kind of knew what I was doing. Newb here.

Had to drain 2 full syringes out of the lines, about 20 ml.

Thanks again

CRD

Good to hear the problem is solved. If you have a cappingstation with a meshing keep checking them regurlarly. Also check the wiper for free movement. They tend to get sticky after a while in use due to the wiped ink drying out and get gummy. Paco