• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow leaks from it's channel

ahonda55

Hello friends :)
Please check the photo attached, away from my DX-5 head condition, i am having this problem for months, whenever the printer is idle, especially yellow channels, it keeps contaminating other channels, and when printing starts yellow color is covering the near channels, both right and left, i have changed the dampers with new ones and also exchanged right and left ones with no result.

If i am printing slow and unidirectional for example, the yellow color keeps covers the other colors.

What could it be??
I am cleaning the head bottom very well, and still have this problem.

Please help..
Thanks a lot in advance :)

Attachments

• 20141122133614.jpg
    20141122133614.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 114

player

Not sure about Mimaki, but with Roland the sponge in the captop swells over time. If it swells enough it can touch the head, which causes ink to wick out of the head. This excess ink can be drawn up by another channel(s).

Another thing is if there is a near empty ink cartridge and another full one it can do that as well... at least with the 2 channel dx4 heads...

ahonda55

Not sure about Mimaki, but with Roland the sponge in the captop swells over time. If it swells enough it can touch the head, which causes ink to wick out of the head. This excess ink can be drawn up by another channel(s).

Another thing is if there is a near empty ink cartridge and another full one it can do that as well... at least with the 2 channel dx4 heads...

Thanks a lot, in fact i don't have the sponge, and i am working with only one ink cartridge !!

If i let the printer idle for a short time, yellow spills allover the top of other channels resulting them to print couple of passes yellowish :)