• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zund Design Center rendered preview slow on Mac

wonderings

We just had a Zund installed and I got the Zund Design Center installed on my M1 Max MacBook Pro with 32 gigs of ram. I am running latest Illustrator as well as latest Mac OS updates.

Going into this software with no training or using anything like it before. I watched a few tutorials from Zund to get the basic idea of how to use it. I did a pretty standard box and just added a CMYK colour box across the centre of it to see how the 3D preview works. When I update it shows the coloured box I added but it runs dog slow. Like it is unusable at the speed it is going. I have let it sit as well to see if the computer "catches up". but it remains slow and laggy. Is this software just not good on a Mac? Or is there something I am missing to make this a usable process?

I did install the Apple Silicon version of the software.

victor bogdanov

I would try running it on a x86 architecture CPU, mac or windows.

It looks like the latest version of Zund design center released less than a month ago supports M1 chips, make sure you have the latest version. Since it was just released they are probably working out some bugs and performance issues still

wonderings

I would try running it on a x86 architecture CPU, mac or windows.

It looks like the latest version of Zund design center released less than a month ago supports M1 chips, make sure you have the latest version. Since it was just released they are probably working out some bugs and performance issues still
It is the latest, we just had our Zund put in and got our access to the 1 year of Design Centre. It is painfully slow when trying to do previews. I don't have access to an X86 computer as the M1 Max is my work computer.