• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec fcx2000 not reading holographic

dennis jonon

Hey all, I did a quick search and found a few, but I gotta admit there was a lot more harassing going around than answers so I wanted to just started it.

I can not get my Roland sg2-300
Or
(Preferably) my flatbed Graphtec FCX2000-120

I’m getting some full cuts now, however thisnmaterialnisncuttojg very jagged.. I get perfect cuts with everything else…

Are their any experts out there that might be able to help me with you crap- I’d so greatly appreciate especially before a weekend….

I needed with height a little, nothing. Other than that I’m lost as I’m not very old to this machine either to figure out Chester ways to get things done after years of working on the same things haha.

Thanks guys

BigNate

Anywhere where the graphtec tries to scan the image (all marks.....) just place any white vinyl with the identical marks - I keep some of the trim from larger sticker orders to use as adhesive marks to put on the holographic media. works great... A bright flashlight (maybe a VERY bright light table) helps to make sure the marks are in the exact right spot.

This can be a salty bunch, but no need to start accusing people of harassment..... or you may truly learn the meaning there of.....

BigNate

Pics please?
Dude, it is a simple concept - from the border of an old sticker job, or with new vinyl... get the "L" and "T" marks on a white background sticker.... place the marks directly over the marks on the holo media and make sure there is a bit of white around the marks ( like 1-2" as long as it is not in your final image area) (and EXACTLY over the original marks is best....)

If there is not enough white and the little scanner looks at the holo image it may get confused or even read the mark as if it were in the wrong location.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
What we do here, is since we use the same size marks on every file, we cut the reg marks out of white vinyl. Makes it a little easier to line up.

dennis jonon

Dude, it is a simple concept - from the border of an old sticker job, or with new vinyl... get the "L" and "T" marks on a white background sticker.... place the marks directly over the marks on the holo media and make sure there is a bit of white around the marks ( like 1-2" as long as it is not in your final image area) (and EXACTLY over the original marks is best....)

If there is not enough white and the little scanner looks at the holo image it may get confused or even read the mark as if it were in the wrong location.
I went ahead and made my own…. DUDE

Signarama Jockey

I have problems getting good registration with some of my reflective films. I just cut out little white vinyl squares and strips and put them down on the inside of the angle and the outside. That way, the line itself doesn't move at all.

dennis jonon

They look black from this image but I cut out the marks and put a white square and printed a sheet of them for the future. It’s cutting out the inside that’s important though. That black line is not a black line, it’s the weeded out cut marks which is the only thing I find an issue with is the time it takes to weed those but only doing 4 at a time takes 10 seconds. Hope this helps

*video turned picture screen shot also

Attachments

• IMG_0930.jpeg
    IMG_0930.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

damonCA21

The printers were never designed for use with holographic or mirror or reflective vinyl ( for most machines this wasn't even available at the time they came out! ). They use optical sensors, so if they get flooded with too much reflection from the material, they can't read where the head is properly. Sometimes reducing the light in the print room can also help or shielding the front of the printer so it doesn't reflect as much