• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question How Can I laminate a vinyl roll?

siphon56

Hey everyone! I'm looking to laminate a 3M 180C roll measuring 30 inches x 50 yards. Any recommendations on the type of lamination machine I should use for this? Also, how can I ensure the machine not only laminates but also rewinds the material into a roll again after lamination?

Mr.Signboy

pretty much every laminator on the market will do what you need, as long as it has a take up reel on the back. GFP makes pretty reasonably priced machines that work well

netsol

when you find a good deal, when the offer from allstate to sell you extended coverage pops up, say yes
if you end up needing a major repair this will be like catastrophic health care coverage

siphon56

when you find a good deal, when the offer from allstate to sell you extended coverage pops up, say yes
if you end up needing a major repair this will be like catastrophic health care coverage
Guess some people prefer laminating their jokes instead of documents. Your comedy game needs an upgrade.

netsol

not sure i understand.
i suggested you buy the allstate extended warranty that pops up on ebay
if they offer to give coverage on a $4000 (new) laminator for $150 YOU SHOULD BUY IT
a cut on a roller could end up costing you $1200, but, whatever you want

just offering you good advice from someone who does this EVERY DAY. we have bought over 60 printers, laminators, etc from the various auction sites. but, do whatever makes you happy

netsol

they replaced ASURION as the company that pops up offering coverage when you buy and ebay listing
ALSO AMAZON I BELIEVE

i have seen it pop up on offerup as well, I THINK

they are the new guys in that industry and the rates are pretty good

seriously, if it pops up and offers the coverage, give it serious consideration

you can try to get coverage from ASURION, WARRANTECH & DELTA WARRANTY but it will be MORE EXPENSIVE any time you approach them,
getting an extended coverage on the ebay popup is probably the cheapest way, and , like i said, you will only use it if there is something major to be repaired.
we paid $1800 for a roller in a royal sovereign...

siphon56

Gotcha! It makes sense now. Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll make sure my adblocker’s turned off else i won’t get the popup

jharler

If you buy used, realize it might be for sale because the current owner is tired of dealing with its problems. If this is a one-off, you may want to contact a local sign company / print shop and see if they can run your vinyl through their laminator. If it's something you're going to do regularly, invest in good equipment.

MikePro

Having a laminator if you're a printshop is pretty standard, that $4k pays for itself pretty quick in manual labor alone.

if you're not ready to take the plunge into new equipment, i'm certain any sign shop in your area would do it for you for minimal expense. I can laminate a 50yd roll in about an hour between setup & trim/respooling