• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP800W Dropping out Yellow part way through print

CSPrint

Hi All!
I am printing on a clear static cling material with my HP 800W, using a 32 pass mode with white on the bottom and color on top. We started to notice on longer jobs that go over an hour, that just the yellow drops out. I assume it is some sort of in restriction or air in the line cause all yellow drops out, not just one of the two heads. I tried printing a huge yellow rectangle in a 6 pass mode to see if i could get it to drop out, but it did not. I definitely used more yellow ink in the 6 pass mode image than the 32 pass mode. Any one experienced a similar issue? Any thoughts on where to start looking to fix this?

I attached the picture of the static clings we print and you can see yellow drop out and everything just look magenta. And then i attached a picture of the large yellow rectangle with no dropout.

Thanks!!
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_9395.jpeg
    IMG_9395.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_9396.jpeg
    IMG_9396.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 72

balstestrat

Problem Solver
How much usage on the yellow-magenta printheads?
As a workaround you could try to use spit bars on the side. See if it helps or not.

There is a static dropout issue with optimizer on older units... I wonder if you have the same issue on yellow.
Do you have this metal on the right side of the drive roller? If not, maybe consider asking HP for it.

1715792231237.png