• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on old metal cemetery sign

linslyc

Hello! An old friend is asking for me to repaint this sign and I wanted to check to make sure I was not ruining anything before getting started. As far as I can tell this is NOT a enamel sign but I have not yet seen it in person. This is what I sort of had planned for order of operations but I am a beginner and any advice would be ideal.
- sand down old paint
- patch any damage with fiberglass bondo
- spray entire background with a cream primer
- cut out black letters with lettering brush, using black letter enamel

This is what I found using this website's forum, but I could be wrong when it comes to how this sign was originally designed. I was going to digitally recreate the sign so that after I sanded it, I could recreate the original.
I would especially love help with specific products and if any sealant/clear coat is necessary?
Thanks yall!

IMG_4152.jpeg
IMG_4151.jpeg

MikePro

trace the original onto two dibond pieces, add graphics, and then stick onto existing with vhbtape&silicone. ezpz

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah....... trace it onto a 6mm ACM board, color it whatever background ya want and then cut your black vinyl letters out and stick 'em on. Don't waste time trying to save the old one. Not worth it.