• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any media for laundry safe labels?

Shiori

I am trying to make a personalized name labels that can be dishwasher safe and laundry safe
and
found a media, 3M Controltac (IJ180CV3-10) Graphic Film with Comply Adhesive, for making dishwasher safe labels.
But it is not laundry safe, falling off on the first washing test.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what media can be used to make it laundry safe?

Thank you for your help in advance,
Shiori

Mike_Koval

you best material for laundry safe is a heat transfer product. they were designed to be put thru wash and dry cycles. as for dishwasher check the specs of the vinyl you are buying...a number of them will work, but will most likely require some sort of lamination

Shiori

you best material for laundry safe is a heat transfer product. they were designed to be put thru wash and dry cycles. as for dishwasher check the specs of the vinyl you are buying...a number of them will work, but will most likely require some sort of lamination

Hi Mike,
Thank you for the quick response.
There are actually companies who make the similar product no need for heat transfer but just stick on and ready for wash using 3M scotchcal marking film.
But just cannot figure out which marking film in 3m scotchcal. Do you have any idea?

Mahalo,
Shiori

Shiori

What are you printing, that might help get a better answer.

Hi Mosh,

Thank you for your response.
I am printing stickers to put on crayons, water bottles, clothes and all the other kind of school supplies.
So far I was able to make stickers strong enough to stay stick on water bottles after dishwasher using the film mentioned above and laminated.
But no luck for laundry safe media for clothes.
I know there are companies out there who make laundry safe stickers using 3M Scotchcal Marking Film, but I haven't figure out which Schotchcal Film.
Do you have any idea?

Mahalo,
Shiori