• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have these issues with laminated product?

GraphixGirl79

Recently we've been getting this problem quite often. I will print something that needs to be contour cut after. After gassing off for
the appropriate hours, it's laminated and then comes back to me for cutting. I cut this on friday, it sat for the weekend and i come back
to the edges curling in only one area.. anyone else have issues with this? we thought maybe it was the printer post heater if the graphic
had sit on it for any length of time, but this graphic has not. Printed on Oracal 3551 clear with a 215 G overlaminate
20230731_083507.jpg
20230731_083455.jpg

JBurton

Signtologist
Looks like it was left in the plotter over the weekend? If it was sitting just like your picture shows, the paper was being bent down by gravity, while the film was shrinking and releasing from the liner slowly. If I intend to cut and weed on separate days, I'll roll it loosely and tape it to itself. A tight roll will cause the vinyl to start separating where it is cut.

unclebun

Too much tension in the laminator. Stretches the laminate while applying. Then it goes back to its original shape, pulling it up and curling the decal towards the lamiante.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Another vote for too much tension on the laminator.

Also, I found that 210/215 shrinks and pulls back like crazy so we stopped using it years ago. We use Arlon 3220 gloss instead and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

Saw way too many failures and signs with shrinkage when we use to use 210 before we knew better.