• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Application table.

Eforcer

I've seen videos that a worker was applying vinyl on irregular boards and the usual sizes. Any equipment that can be used instead of an $12K full table unit?

TIA

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
we just got an application table and i will be honest, i wasn't sure why at first. but once i used it, hot damn, i'm happy we have it. i'm 5'4" so applying a 4x8 by myself is impossible. but i can do one in less than five minutes with this table. no stretching across the table. no squeegees. all i have to do is line up the print on the material, drop down the hydraulic wheel at one end, start the backer and apply the first foot or so, then roll the wheel across that, then grab the backer on the other side and start rolling in the opposite direction. i did six 4x8s with full prints in under 45 minutes, by myself. the hardest part is getting the material onto the table.

Ronny Axelsson

I have to agree with WhiskeyDreamer, these tables are invaluable when you need an extra hand or two.
Have had my RollsRoller table for more than ten years now and I couldn't do without it when applying vinyl and application tape, and it serves as an extra table for other work too.
Sure, it was expensive but it allowed me to work easily on my own so it has paid for itself many times.

Eforcer

I've been using some old BIg Squeegies I've purchased aluminum units but table is not flat enough for them. The plastic units work well on one side of table. What I'm loving in this video. I will be able to also do laminations. Can you recommend a unit?

TIA

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
When you apply graphics on acm and run it through the laminator, do you run the risk of gouging the rollers if the board has a jagged cut?