• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention HP l25500 owners!

signswi

Our JV3 shakes about the same but we blame that on the person who put it together.

I'm looking at you Konya! ;)

Tim Aucoin

one thing for the guys that haven't seen it in action. this printer kinda does the "shimmy" as it prints. definitely not a deal breaker on such good engineering. but as the carriage goes left and right the printer kinda absorbs the direction change into the frame. it's really compact too. at a glance you'd swear it's a 52" instead of 5'.

Don't try and stop the side to side shimmy the printer does!!! :omg: It is supposed to "rock" back and forth as it prints... it's not a design flaw, it does it by design. One of our centres tried "wedging" it in a space so it didn't move at all, and it screwed up their print registration and they had all kinds of problems. Removed the "blocking", and it worked just fine like it is supposed to when it rocks! :rock-n-roll:

gnemmas

Fellow HP owners, not to be overjoyed of the price drop!

From $17,500 at beginning of the year, to $13,500 now, may be $9,900 by the end of the year?

I am seeing the good odle HP desktop printer strategy, Giving away printers and make a killing on consumables!

Do we see the ink price drop? I am still paying $135/cartridge.

ProColorGraphics

Fellow HP owners, not to be overjoyed of the price drop!

From $17,500 at beginning of the year, to $13,500 now, may be $9,900 by the end of the year?

I am seeing the good odle HP desktop printer strategy, Giving away printers and make a killing on consumables!

Do we see the ink price drop? I am still paying $135/cartridge.

I have heard that about pretty much all manufactures: they pretty much give you the printer, to be able to make their money off of you on the consumables. Like the Canon iPF8300 I have. My final printer price was $2300 and it costs a little over $2000 to fill it with ink. What do you do?

MachServTech

I have heard that about pretty much all manufactures: they pretty much give you the printer, to be able to make their money off of you on the consumables. Like the Canon iPF8300 I have. My final printer price was $2300 and it costs a little over $2000 to fill it with ink. What do you do?

I have averaged about .22-.25 cents per square foot for ink on the L25500. My solvent printers were higher at around .35-.50 sqft.
I think it has to do with fewer cleanings and fewer wasted prints.

signswi

Not all, just the major OEMs. The specialty outfits like Mutoh, Mimaki, Roland are all super pissed off at HP and Canon for bringing their desktop "razerblades not razers" strategy to the sign industry market. They can't compete with that as they make their money on building very good machines and can't rely on consumable sales like HP, Epson, Canon can.

It's an indicator that the industry is majorly changing...you'll be able to open a digital graphics shop with almost nothing in the bank, so I hope everyone has value propositions in place other than low prices because there's going to be even more undercutting in the market space.

jayhawksigns

Anyone setup their own printer? Didn't know if it is required to have a tech do it, we are scheduled for sometime in the week of the 12th. Don't know if I can let that box sit here in my office for two weeks.

ProColorGraphics

Anyone setup their own printer? Didn't know if it is required to have a tech do it, we are scheduled for sometime in the week of the 12th. Don't know if I can let that box sit here in my office for two weeks.

I downloaded the instructions from the HP site and it seemed pretty simple and self explanatory to me. An interesting thing I saw is that the printer is boxed upside down so you mount the stand to it and then flip it over. Haven't seen that before.

jayhawksigns

I downloaded the instructions from the HP site and it seemed pretty simple and self explanatory to me. An interesting thing I saw is that the printer is boxed upside down so you mount the stand to it and then flip it over. Haven't seen that before.
Its a great idea, rather then trying to hover the several hundred pound printer over the stand and line it up. Wish our iPF8300 was that way, wasn't hard to do, just would of been easier.

ProColorGraphics

Its a great idea, rather then trying to hover the several hundred pound printer over the stand and line it up. Wish our iPF8300 was that way, wasn't hard to do, just would of been easier.

That is funny, I have an iPF8300 too! Love the print quality of it! Luckily I had a few people to help me do that part. If the HP is as easy to install as the Canon was, shouldn't be a problem.

kyjoe340

Anyone using Signlab with their HP? I was told the HP tech would not come and set mine up if I was using Signlab 9's rip. Apparently there has been some problems with the print stopping mid stream and Signlab's profiles had poor print results. Of course this was news to Signlab when I talked to them. They claim there are no issues. I hear most shops use Onyx for their rip, I hate to purchase another rip program.

signswi

You could do it. You'll need one other person to do the "tip over" stage (not the four HP calls for*). It's like a dozen screws and you're done.

*This is not actual advice, if you break your ass I am not responsible. Always follow instructions.

ProColorGraphics

Anyone using Signlab with their HP? I was told the HP tech would not come and set mine up if I was using Signlab 9's rip. Apparently there has been some problems with the print stopping mid stream and Signlab's profiles had poor print results. Of course this was news to Signlab when I talked to them. They claim there are no issues. I hear most shops use Onyx for their rip, I hate to purchase another rip program.

Not sure what to say there. I ordered Caldera's VisualRIP+ with mine.

ProColorGraphics

I just figured if someone like Merrit Graphics brags about Caldera, it must be good! I did a 1-on-1 webinar chat with a guy from Caldera where he showed me how it worked and the features and I have to say that I think it looks way better than Onyx. The upgrading is way better and cheaper too.