• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blocking out windows for film department

ATV8067

I have a job to do next week for the local college film department.
They need 7 windows blocked out. (interior windows)
I was thinking that 3.2 black vinyl would be better than 2.0 mil? Less light transfer. Correct? Any other recommendations?
Also thought about just printing process black on white vinyl,and just bumping the price up to accommodate cost. :thankyou:

gabagoo

no word of a lie, I have a black strip of 3ml vinyl on a window here that was used to block the end of a wall visible through the exterior glass. There is about 3" still visible on one side and I can see through it sort of like a very dark tint. You might need a black blockout film

401Graphics

Don't do it if it is dual pane glass on exterior windows.
Yup. I blacked out 3 large windows a while ago, and I had to come back to finish one because i had run out of flat black vinyl, and one of the windows was cracked (obviously from the vinyl soaking up heat from the sun). I told the customer somebody must have hit it.

Z SIGNS

Just blocked out some windows.Thought about vinyl and thought about painting em.Ended up just cutting some black die bond and stuck it in the window.

Mosh

Wouldn't it be smarter and easier to just remove the window and drywall it in? Paint or film could be scratched and void the whole process!

Billct2

Depends on the location/exposure & type of windows.
Another option not mentioned is pvc panels dbl stick to the glass.