• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CET COLOR

Copyman

Looking a a flatbed from CET color 4X8 or a 5X10 and the prices look fair.
Does anyone have this equipment? I would love to talk to you about your experiences with them.
Thanks
Dan

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I used to sell CET and ended up RUNNING in the other direction....do your homework on the distributor you are buying from and I'd really think twice if you are thinking of buying directly from CET. You will definitely want someone you know and trust to be the first line of defense when/if issues come about.

I 'ran' to Fluid Color which, for the most part, use the same engine as the CET (HandTop) but the support network is a hell of a lot more stable. Fluid Color's techs are really, really good...as is their 'color guy'...he is a great resource. In Florida they've got a great distributor (who, I believe, used to actually work for CET) and his team should be a very reliable source for help when needed. If you have an interest, call Paul at Mac Papers. You can always call me if you want to have a discussion about this issue....I can tell you some of my experiences as an unbiased party since I wouldn't put a unit in Mac Paper's back yard.

ikarasu

I used to sell CET and ended up RUNNING in the other direction....do your homework on the distributor you are buying from and I'd really think twice if you are thinking of buying directly from CET. You will definitely want someone you know and trust to be the first line of defense when/if issues come about.

I 'ran' to Fluid Color which, for the most part, use the same engine as the CET (HandTop) but the support network is a hell of a lot more stable. Fluid Color's techs are really, really good...as is their 'color guy'...he is a great resource. In Florida they've got a great distributor (who, I believe, used to actually work for CET) and his team should be a very reliable source for help when needed. If you have an interest, call Paul at Mac Papers. You can always call me if you want to have a discussion about this issue....I can tell you some of my experiences as an unbiased party since I wouldn't put a unit in Mac Paper's back yard.
Whyd you run?

We bought a second hand CET - Have called CET a few times for repairs, There was 1 thing they couldn't diagnose over the phone (For free), so we flew the guy out - We asked if they could spend a few days and go over all the repairs / diagnosing with us... and they did. Cost us about 7K to fly from Eastern USA to Western Canada... but the guy was very helpful, had our machine up and running fairly quickly... Showed us an almost complete tear down of the machine, how to diagnose when a part is bad, went through all the calibrations with us... Spent 4 days here answering any question, going over the same thing 5 times so our operator understood it... he was very nice and hands on. the 7K was a steep price to pay.... But it was worth it.

Turns out it was a combination of our ink lines having tiny leaks...as well as them sending us 4 faulty ink pumps, so it couldnt be diagnosed over the phone since they couldn't believe 4 pumps were bad off the bat... Kind of a their fault situation, BUT we learned a lot and got training, which we were going to fly 2 guys out for anyways...so in the end it was cheaper on us.

There is 1 local "tech"... who told us we needed a new head when all we needed was a new pump... found out theyve never even worked on a CET, theyre just authorized to.... So we don't use them, and just do everything in house.

I personally like the hands on / do your own repairs approach... I wish there was a local tech for stuff we couldnt do, but It is what it is.

Aside from the 1 issue, our machine has been rock solid... It's a used CET Q5, so it's getting up there in age...cant comment about the newer generation, But I can say this one is a work horse...and anytime we have had an issue, they reply to emails promptly and give a call and walk us through diagnosing and fixing it.... all for free. Aside from the 1 7K Visit... had the machine for 2-3 years, a few small issues we called in for and didnt get charged.... I wouldn't hesitate to buy the new machine.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Whyd you run?

We bought a second hand CET - Have called CET a few times for repairs, There was 1 thing they couldn't diagnose over the phone (For free), so we flew the guy out - We asked if they could spend a few days and go over all the repairs / diagnosing with us... and they did. Cost us about 7K to fly from Eastern USA to Western Canada... but the guy was very helpful, had our machine up and running fairly quickly... Showed us an almost complete tear down of the machine, how to diagnose when a part is bad, went through all the calibrations with us... Spent 4 days here answering any question, going over the same thing 5 times so our operator understood it... he was very nice and hands on. the 7K was a steep price to pay.... But it was worth it.

Turns out it was a combination of our ink lines having tiny leaks...as well as them sending us 4 faulty ink pumps, so it couldnt be diagnosed over the phone since they couldn't believe 4 pumps were bad off the bat... Kind of a their fault situation, BUT we learned a lot and got training, which we were going to fly 2 guys out for anyways...so in the end it was cheaper on us.

There is 1 local "tech"... who told us we needed a new head when all we needed was a new pump... found out theyve never even worked on a CET, theyre just authorized to.... So we don't use them, and just do everything in house.

I personally like the hands on / do your own repairs approach... I wish there was a local tech for stuff we couldnt do, but It is what it is.

Aside from the 1 issue, our machine has been rock solid... It's a used CET Q5, so it's getting up there in age...cant comment about the newer generation, But I can say this one is a work horse...and anytime we have had an issue, they reply to emails promptly and give a call and walk us through diagnosing and fixing it.... all for free. Aside from the 1 7K Visit... had the machine for 2-3 years, a few small issues we called in for and didnt get charged.... I wouldn't hesitate to buy the new machine.
Having been a distributor for them, there are a lot of reasons we moved. I won't air my dirty laundry on this forum, but I'd tell you over the phone.

I completely agree that the ability to do a lot of the fixes on your own is a HUGE advantage of the HandTop machine. It provides for a lot less downtime. Also - no need for a service contract.

I can tell you from experience the people and support behind Fluid Color are just better

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
I am replacing a CET 4x8 flatbed with a more modern Vanguard in Harrisburg, PA next week and I know the owner wants to unload it. I know it will be inexpensive but you will have to have a flatbed tow truck to pick it up.
It works well, just too slow and has Ricoh Gen 4 heads and Mercury UV lamps in it.
Let me know if you want it and I can get you the contact info.
Bruce
bruce@melloimaging.com