• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Change Ink-Type - Need Help Activating SB54 Ink Type on Mimaki JV150 after Hardware Maintenance

Plotter-FIX

Hello everyone,

I'm David, a technician from Germany. I'm currently facing a challenge with a Mimaki JV150 printer that I hope someone here might be able to help with.

Here's the situation:

• The printer was originally set up with an 8-color CMYK configuration.
  • I flushed all the lines manually using a syringe with solvent followed by air, then water-based cleaner, followed by air.
  • Performed a head wash using the old print head, then replaced the damper and installed a new print head.
After all this maintenance, I've encountered a problem: the SB54 ink type isn't appearing as an option in the printer settings.

Questions:
  1. How can I activate or add SB54 as a selectable ink type in the printer settings? Are there specific parameters I need to adjust to enable this option?
  2. Once I manage to select SB54, how can I inform the system that the printer is already filled with ink, considering I'm using only 4 cartridges?
Any guidance or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your assistance!

Best wishes, David

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
To change the ink type to SB54:

Change System Parameter 032 to "4" if you're using a 4 color setup. Change to "6" for 6 color.

To tell the machine it's full already:

Go into the Ink Parameter 1 menu and then change parameter 000 to "1".

Edit: Actually that's for SB53 inks. I don't know if it will work for SB54 as there is no option for that in the manual.

Plotter-FIX

How about just the possibility to choose the ink type of sublimation ink?
once i called mimaki they told me how to set it back in the mode where i can choose everything....

Plotter-FIX

To change the ink type to SB54:

Change System Parameter 032 to "4" if you're using a 4 color setup. Change to "6" for 6 color.

To tell the machine it's full already:

Go into the Ink Parameter 1 menu and then change parameter 000 to "1".

Edit: Actually that's for SB53 inks. I don't know if it will work for SB54 as there is no option for that in the manual.
How about just the possibility to choose the ink type of sublimation ink?
once i called mimaki they told me how to set it back in the mode where i can choose everything....