• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

clogged printheads

MonsterBabyBLN

dear Team... I have seen all the youtube videos.. and I still have some print heads I cant unclogg.. Does anyone have a a clue?.. I just had a brand new latex head get clogged because the Maintanance cartridge didnt move and thus didnt clean the head. they had hardend ink underneath that I could get of with some fluid and a cloth.. but they are dead now..
Its hard to believe there isnt any fluid or way of desolving the hardened ink again ??
What do yall do ?

Peter Martins

Distilled water and ultrasonic bath for 1, 2 3 minutes.
If the can select power start on a low setting. To much power can damage them.
I use cold water as I don't know if heat will do something unhelpful to the blocked nozzles.
It the heads have damaged foils there is no way back.
You can use a tissue to dap on the head to see if there is any flow. It will leave a witness mark.

poligrafika

warm water +10-15% amonia, 3-4 rounds in ultrasonic 1-2 min, and you will see how printhead become like new. Between each round tap printhead in tissue to see result. after cleaning dry printhead and wipe with dry and clean tissue contacts and measure the printhead in digital wage, must be 59-60 gr. done this last week on latex that was not in use 5 month and printhead was in the middle of plotter.First nozzle check few nozzle,after cleaning 99% nozzle was back.

MonsterBabyBLN

WOW.. ultrasonic is a great new idea!.. so you put the whole head into the solution ?.. doenst do harm to the electronics I guess.. will give that a shot!