• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cold adhesive

BobCap

I have a customer that we print warning labels for his Garage Door Business. We have been using Oracal 3640 printed on our Mutoh 1203. They have worked fie and he is happy.

But now (you knew this was coming) he is installing doors in this great winter we are having in Northern Minnesota and the labels won't stick. Duh.

Will Orcal 3161 or 3551 work?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN

Mosh

3551 with rapid air will be worse. Air release films suck in the cold.

+tell him to warm up the area the decals goes on.

BobCap

tell him to carry a torch or heat gun and warm the surface prior to application.

I told him that. "Too much of a hassel" he said.

I tired to tell him he could warm his hands up a he same time...

The only "cold" application vinyl I found was Orajet 3161DT or 3551T. Good to apply down to 23F. Anybody ever try that?

BobCap

Heh. A couple of weeks ago we printed 10,000 decals for a customer, for their end users to apply to their signs. Of course the signs are outside, and of course we got a call after saying "yer stickers don't stick!". They were literally just slapping them on the dirty, frozen a$$ signs and expecting them to stick. Once we explained to them they had to clean and warm up the signs they stopped complaining.

Another option.... I believe Phototex is advertised as a "cold weather" material - just make sure you use the opaque version if you go this route. (just a thought)

I have Phototex in stock. Their site makes no mention of cold weather use...but I can try it

rcook99

Photo tex works in the cold at least on glass. I tested it for a few days on the slider at my house and it stayed just fine. Now that being said, I'm not sure it will work any better than a decal with the extreme cold we have been having. I still say pre and post heat. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forum Runner

synergy_jim

I told him that. "Too much of a hassel" he said.

I tired to tell him he could warm his hands up a he same time...

The only "cold" application vinyl I found was Orajet 3161DT or 3551T. Good to apply down to 23F. Anybody ever try that?

You offer a guy a solution that takes 2 mins and he says too much hassle? Lazy…. Period.