• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Composer 7 Losing Connection to Graphtec mid-cut?

jfiscus

Rap Master
We routinely send long runs of cuts to our plotters here.
We cut 48"x50yd rolls of the same decal over and over again.
This works fine with our old summa, but the summa is an old plotter on its last leg and keeps slipping and going off track, but NEVER loses connection or stops cutting on its own.

We have a few new Graphtec FC9000 plotters and would like to use them to cut this vinyl instead when they're not cutting other print/cut jobs.
However, they only cut like 1/4 or 1/3 of the roll, then they lose connection or stop receiving data from the computer that send the cut file from Composer.
We would like to throw a roll on at the end of the work day and come back in in the morning to the roll completely cut and ready to weed.

Is there a setting I am overlooking? Is there a better way to send it? There are only like 5 files that we do this with if I needed to use a different software to send the files.

cerlandson

Are you outputting or is there a print driver? From Composer, I prefer the print driver, with my Allen Datagraph plotter.

Are you sending the cut as one job or multiple stacked jobs?

Attila Nagy

Could it stop because it is too heavy pulling the roll of material? Graphtec motors are just about half size of Summa.

cerlandson

It sounds more like a driver issue. There was one thread, using a different software, where the same thing was happening and they had to uninstall it and install the driver as an FC8XXX and that fixed it. If it was too heavy, it should throw an error code for the motor being in a bind, I would think.