• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creating/Obtaining Printer Profiles

NateF

I have a VS-540i with the 7-color ink setup. CMYKLcLmLk. Overall it's been great so far, but I've had trouble finding profiles for all the medias we're using. For nearly everything, I've been able to find a stock profile that provides decent results, but I'm running into some trouble with canvas media.

If I understand correctly, I need a spectrophotometer and special software to create profiles. Honestly not worth the headache and investment at this point for the occasional profile that I'll probably need. I've seen a few mentions here and there of custom profiling services (where I print a sample file and then send to them for profiling), but I have not been able to find any specific recommendations. Does anyone here have a profiling service that you can recommend?