• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Kitchen Mural - mounted on corrugated panels and - How To obscure gloss finish for ambient lighting

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Why use a gloss laminate then scuff it up to make it matte?

Why use coroplast for something like this??

I'm so confused.

JBurton

Signtologist
I'm thinking this is a cheap way to do this, but why not just stick the material to the wall itself? Also thinking the material wasn't laminated, so no chance for matte laminate, again, budget minded, which is fine, I can appreciate the tips and tricks on cutting corners, as long as it's not compromising the sign as a whole. Being inside a kitchen, it probably won't see much sunlight. I'd personally stick it to the wall with some satin or matte laminate.

96XP

Why use a gloss laminate then scuff it up to make it matte?

I'm so confused.
It wasn't gloss, it was matte. However, by reducing the surface sheen even further, achieved the required outcome. So, in a pinch, could be done as well if lam was gloss.
Why coroplast?
1) was an experiment. 2) the job didn't merit anything beyond that and would be easily removable. 3) cost effective and on-hand. 4) and best of all, to create confusion :)

96XP

I'm thinking this is a cheap way to do this, but why not just stick the material to the wall itself? Also thinking the material wasn't laminated, so no chance for matte laminate, again, budget minded, which is fine, I can appreciate the tips and tricks on cutting corners, as long as it's not compromising the sign as a whole. Being inside a kitchen, it probably won't see much sunlight. I'd personally stick it to the wall with some satin or matte laminate.
Great responses.
Plus, I wanted it as removable.

JBurton

Signtologist
1) was an experiment. 2) the job didn't merit anything beyond that and would be easily removable. 3) cost effective and on-hand. 4) and best of all, to create confusion :)
You forgot 5) install bewbies in the kitchen that I can quickly remove when the wife realizes god and adam weren't surrounded by that many originally.

96XP

You forgot 5) install bewbies in the kitchen that I can quickly remove when the wife realizes god and adam weren't surrounded by that many originally.
Get over it - it's art.
Sheesh .............................................................