• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut left to right instead of up and down?

303DC

How can I accomplish this when using segmented cutting in FlexiCloud 12? Every time I use segmented marks, it seems to cut bottom to top instead of left to right, or right to left. This would be soooooo much better for really long runs so the sheet isn't going back and forth a bunch of times. Anyone have any ideas? Optimize cutting order didn't seem to do this no matter what for whatever reason.

Thanks!

*EDIT* Just figured out right after I submitted this that optimize cutting order WILL do this if I rasterize the artwork before sending it to rip. Apparently sending vector artwork doesn't play nicely with cutting order.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
How can I accomplish this when using segmented cutting in FlexiCloud 12? Every time I use segmented marks, it seems to cut bottom to top instead of left to right, or right to left. This would be soooooo much better for really long runs so the sheet isn't going back and forth a bunch of times. Anyone have any ideas? Optimize cutting order didn't seem to do this no matter what for whatever reason.

Thanks!

*EDIT* Just figured out right after I submitted this that optimize cutting order WILL do this if I rasterize the artwork before sending it to rip. Apparently sending vector artwork doesn't play nicely with cutting order.

Depends. When you optimize to a certain area, if memory serves 10" is the default, it works just fine until l it latches on to a vector that leaves the 10" area and ends up up in another. Then it proceeds to cut in the new area until leaving uncut vectors in the previous area. It will get back to the original in time. But while all this is going on it looks very much like random chaos.

Note that the above is not certain knowledge, I've never seen the code, rather it's deduction based on a whole hell of a lot of years watching Flexi cut and trying to make sense of it.