• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut lines missing in Versa Works

btheodore

Hello everyone.
Yep, searched for this topic and didn't find anything that was what I am dealing with. I am generating my cut lines in a program called Flexi Designer, then outputting a PDF and then brining that into Versa Works. At times, it works beautifully. But every now and again, I get images that come in with missing cut line data. ( see image below ) And of course, it wont cut there as there is no cut data there for it to "see".
No transparency there, no stray pixels hanging out. No idea whats happening here. Incredibly frustrated. Any help would be very much appreciated
ANGER.png

damonCA21

It could be the PDF is causing a problem as VW can be funny dealing with them. Try exporting as an EPS from flexi and load that straight into VW and see if that solves it.

btheodore

It could be the PDF is causing a problem as VW can be funny dealing with them. Try exporting as an EPS from flexi and load that straight into VW and see if that solves it.
I have wondered about that file format. It’s so odd, at times some PDF’s work flawlessly…some don’t. Super odd
Thanks for the suggestion

btheodore

do you have open nodes?
is the cut path the topmost layer?
No open nodes as I am in Flexi Dsigner....at least that I can see. No floating pixels or anything like that either. The background (alpha) is clean as far as I can tell.

btheodore

Exported as EPS....same results. Looks fine in Flexi. But once it gets into VW....it wont complete that cut line at the bottom.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
This happens when the cut line is touching the edge of the page/artboard in a PDF. When using PDF's in VersaWorks, make sure your page size/artboard is larger than the cut line, and the cutline is centered on the artboard.

btheodore

Thank you Kermik!
This happens when the cut line is touching the edge of the page/artboard in a PDF. When using PDF's in VersaWorks, make sure your page size/artboard is larger than the cut line, and the cutline is centered on the artboard.

btheodore

I appreciate everyone's help so much. I can not tell you how helpful you have all been with this incredibly frustrating issue. Ever since I got the machine, I have been struggling. This has been the only place that people responded to me with help. Thank you all