• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DX5 Manifold broken

SLShop

This is now the second time within two months that the plastic housing of the print head has broken directly at the screw connection, on both sides on the left side. Initially, I thought I had screwed the head on too tightly, so I ordered a new housing, replaced it, and screwed it in minimally. Two weeks later, it broke again at the same place. There were no head strikes, and no ink or cleaner has run over the plastic. I also replaced the cap top. The carriage works as it should, moving freely without getting stuck. For now, I've secured the head with a longer screw and a large washer, and it's printing again, but does anyone have a tip on what could be causing this? These were original print heads from Digiprint for a CJV 30 printer.

Attachments

• d2b9266a-98aa-442b-b92c-b51043e1d7ed.jpg
    d2b9266a-98aa-442b-b92c-b51043e1d7ed.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 58950eee-705c-4db9-bce8-c0e159232d89.jpg
    58950eee-705c-4db9-bce8-c0e159232d89.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 38

netsol

i would suspect that "original from digiprint" is the hint as to your problem

probably some sort of chinese look alike?
AT ONE TIME you could get aqueous heads quite cheaply, and change the manifolds. we all did it

perhaps digiprint has come across a stash of unencrypted printheads where the manifolds can be changed?

i have no insider knowledge but i can assume...

i have never ordered from digiprint but have seen many unhappy customers tell digiprint stories