• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question DX6 printhead sublimation to solvent.

probull

Friends I have searched all possible forums but I can't find the answer.
I have a Mimaki CJV150 that works 100% - sublimation, but I want to convert it to solvent.
I'll do the firmware, that's no problem.

But I how can clean print heads from sublimation so I can use solvent inks. Is it at all possible ? .. sublimation is water based so it shouldn't be a problem.
I'm thinking of cleaning the head with sublimation thinner, unfortunately I'll have to use a syringe, I also have an ultrasound cleaner but I don't want to use it.

Can I use sublimation thinner .. then isopropyl alcohol and then solvent thinner ?

Has anyone done this please? Many thanks

damonCA21

I havent done it, but definitely don't put the head anywhere near an ultrasonic cleaner as it can destroy the delicate parts inside.
I don't see why you couldnt flush the head with the thinner until it is coming out completely clear, then refill with solvent ink.
Before doing that though I would experiment with mixing some of the thinner with some solvent ink just to see if there is any reaction between the two

probull

I havent done it, but definitely don't put the head anywhere near an ultrasonic cleaner as it can destroy the delicate parts inside.
I don't see why you couldnt flush the head with the thinner until it is coming out completely clear, then refill with solvent ink.
Before doing that though I would experiment with mixing some of the thinner with some solvent ink just to see if there is any reaction between the two
Hi, thanks for reply. Yes I try now. The thinners are mixed, but I don't see any reaction there. I am waiting for answer Inktec.

Attachments

• 435874231_448138240943037_4578079779995914939_n.jpg
    435874231_448138240943037_4578079779995914939_n.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 16

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Switched a Mutoh 1624 (ECO model) from water based to eco solvent, used distilled water to clean the lines, then a mixture of distilled water with alcohol, then alcohol then solvent doing 2 ink charges in each step, took about 3 days to complete, it's working perfectly.

probull

Switched a Mutoh 1624 (ECO model) from water based to eco solvent, used distilled water to clean the lines, then a mixture of distilled water with alcohol, then alcohol then solvent doing 2 ink charges in each step, took about 3 days to complete, it's working perfectly.
Hi, thanks for reply.