• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson SureColor S40600 printing blank pages

barjinder

I bought a used Epson Surecolor S40600 3 months ago but we didn't really got around using it or even testing it. Huge mistake on my part. Anyways, I have been trying to run it now and installed new ink catridges, cleaned print heads with soultion but whenever I print a test page (nozzle test), the printer doesn't print anything at all. Not even a dot of any ink. The print head does move around as if something is happening.
I tried calling Epson support and they said it might be clogged nozzles and if their technician comes to fix it, they will charge around 3000$ which seems crazy expensive to me. Anyone got any idea why this might be happening and what else I can do in this situation?
I have tried all types of light, medium, heavy cleaning in the printer. I think there is one to wash print heads but I couldn't find the cleaning ink catridges around. Not sure if it's worth spending few hundred dollars on getting those.
Again, any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
If the printer wasn't cleaned and the ink flushed out before you purchased it, the heads are probably clogged. $3000.00 for a tech to drive out to your location , check the printer, replace the head which should also include the dampers and capping station, isn't that bad of a price depending on how far they are coming from.

Check to see what parts they will be replacing and take if from there.

swordguy3222

They is a procedure for starting up a machine when no ink is installed. You will need the service program to do this. If it was shut down properly, you might be able to get away with doing heavy cleans, but if it was done poorly then new heads and dampe(CR duct) will need to be replaced. Good luck.

unclebun

The Epson service fee will get your printer back to as-new condition. Better to pay it and be in operation than to futz around and be out whatever you paid for an inoperable printer. You can't get replacement parts except through their authorized service.

swordguy3222

The Epson service fee will get your printer back to as-new condition. Better to pay it and be in operation than to futz around and be out whatever you paid for an inoperable printer. You can't get replacement parts except through their authorized service.
Yes and no. I do my own repairs and just order parts from a local company that sells Epsons. Epson won't sell them, but just check who in town sells them and they can get the parts.

swordguy3222

It shows you're in Surrey. Check with Spicers and Grimco. They both sell Epson and have some people to service. Will be cheaper then going thru Epson, they use only 1 place for service and they charge a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: mim

RG

Be advised that you will get a 90 day warranty when Epson repairs the printer. I went through this last year. My s40600 needed a new head after 3.5 years. I called Epson and they sent someone from Decision1 and they fixed it for $3800. That was for the new head, damper assembly, and pump assembly. It took the tech about a month, 3 print heads and 3 main boards, and it was working like new. 110 days after the tech left, it needed a new head. I was quoted $2900 for them to replace it. That really pis*ed me off. I put the printer up for sale and ordered a Mutoh XPJ from Fellers. This one has a 3 year warranty. I will never own another Epson printer.

netsol

Be advised that you will get a 90 day warranty when Epson repairs the printer. I went through this last year. My s40600 needed a new head after 3.5 years. I called Epson and they sent someone from Decision1 and they fixed it for $3800. That was for the new head, damper assembly, and pump assembly. It took the tech about a month, 3 print heads and 3 main boards, and it was working like new. 110 days after the tech left, it needed a new head. I was quoted $2900 for them to replace it. That really pis*ed me off. I put the printer up for sale and ordered a Mutoh XPJ from Fellers. This one has a 3 year warranty. I will never own another Epson printer.
i have read things like this before.
no offense, but, does "decision 1" find their parts in a dumpster?

(1) an "authorized" service facility should not destroy a system board putting a printhead in.

(2) if "epson" needs to send a system board out 3 TIMES!!! there is really something wrong with this picture

i have been servicing wide format printers since 1992 (techjet and other brands for autocad, etc) loading drivers for NT4

RG this is certainly not an attack against you, but, you should seriously reconsider who you call & how you contact EPSON

RG

I bought the printer from Grimco and I called them first. Their solution was for me to call Epson. There is no Epson store nearby for me to walk into. This is the rural south and there is no tech guy around every corner like in the big cities. I did call a freelance tech near New Orleans and he said that he does not work on Epson printers. The guy that worked on the printer told me that new parts failure happens frequently. When he first started to take the end cover off, I asked him if he wanted me to unplug the printer and hit the power button a couple of times to unload the capacitors. He said, "no, the service program took care of that." I thought that was a bit strange.

coltonwanderson

I bought the printer from Grimco and I called them first. Their solution was for me to call Epson. There is no Epson store nearby for me to walk into. This is the rural south and there is no tech guy around every corner like in the big cities. I did call a freelance tech near New Orleans and he said that he does not work on Epson printers. The guy that worked on the printer told me that new parts failure happens frequently. When he first started to take the end cover off, I asked him if he wanted me to unplug the printer and hit the power button a couple of times to unload the capacitors. He said, "no, the service program took care of that." I thought that was a bit strange.
Woah, you're right to think that's strange. As a technician that works for an Epson dealer and services Epsons, that's definitely not right. The service utility is for adjustment and such, you always want to unplug and hit the power button like you've said.

Unfortunately the machine in question probably has at least the head clogged if not more. Depending on how ambitious you are, you could see remove the CR duct from the head and see if you can syringe ink through each of the dampers to see if you have good flow to the head at least.

As for Epson service, it's generally not regarded very highly, most experiences I've heard of are not good, but you may get lucky with a good tech depending on who is in your area. The flat fee option they offer is attractive if a lot needs to be replaced, but if you can narrow down the issue then going to a servicing dealer like us is probably cheaper. Honestly, they are pretty easy to work on too, so if you happened to buy a service utility online you could do a-lot yourself.

I've got a fair amount of experience with S series Epsons, so message me if you need further help with the machine. I've probably repaired 40-50 units over the past 2-3 years.