• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB500 double sided registration

daenterpri

Hey all!

How well does the HP FB500 do double sided registration? Accurate double sided registration is something that will certainly be important to us in purchasing a flatbed printer. I like the idea of an Oce or Fuji flatbed, but new they are very expensive, and our company is on a tight budget. And it seems like it's easier to find used HP FB500's than used Fuji's that aren't too old. Am I right?

Let me know your thoughts!

FrankW

Because of camera-based media registration and enhanced position repeatability by using alignment pins, double sided printing will work fine especially with a FB500.

daenterpri

Because of camera-based media registration and enhanced position repeatability by using alignment pins, double sided printing will work fine especially with a FB500.

Thanks! Now, another reason that traditional flatbeds a have been attractive is the idea of creating jigs for parts to be printed front and back. Would running a jog through a hybrid printer still provide good registration?

It it just seems like the sales people I talk to are not even that confident in this, that's why I'm curious to talk to real world users.

FrankW

For Jigs, the camera registration is useless, because the camera just register a few reference points. For this, I would use a Template.