• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First time print/cut perf material issues

Dennis422

Yesterday was the first time I printed and cut the perf material.
At first, I had issues scanning it but that was fixed after I adjusted the sensitivity of Graphtec ARMS scanner.
After the first scan was completed, it started cutting at least .5" off. I printed another print, about 28" square and used only corner marks.
That one was a bit better, about 3/8" off at the beginning and getting better as it was getting closer to the end. Last row was almost perfect. All settings were fine in the CM3, the only thing I did not check is the size of the printed piece, is it the same size as the file (RIP settings were OK).

Any pointers on print/cut perf? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

oksigns

Yesterday was the first time I printed and cut the perf material.
At first, I had issues scanning it but that was fixed after I adjusted the sensitivity of Graphtec ARMS scanner.
After the first scan was completed, it started cutting at least .5" off. I printed another print, about 28" square and used only corner marks.
That one was a bit better, about 3/8" off at the beginning and getting better as it was getting closer to the end. Last row was almost perfect. All settings were fine in the CM3, the only thing I did not check is the size of the printed piece, is it the same size as the file (RIP settings were OK).

Any pointers on print/cut perf? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I give a generous bleed of about .125" to .2" to the artwork, make sure all my pinch rollers are engaging the media, and, for my roland, I place down crop marks which were printed on some cheap vinyl to help the sensor read all the marks. Sometimes, if I don't have my registration stickers, I will use a sharpie to fill in enough for the sensor to pickup. I always make sure the blade is in good condition. Anything that can causes the media friction and drag will throw off the accuracy of the cut.

Dennis422

Thanks. Tried adding the printed brackets on top of the ones on the perf. Yeas, it scanned better, but it still cut crooked.
I checked the size of the print, it is very close if not dead on (Measured in the file and then printed piece).

Could it be that it is slipping in the cutter? I have not had that issues with any other material.
It starts like 3/8" high, and by the time it ends cutting it is about 1/4" high when compared where it has to cut.
The print is only 28.6" long from registration to registration bracket.

Thanks