• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi and contour cuts

300mphGraphics

Need a little help please. We have 2 print projects that will both fit on our vinyl width, but we only need the contour cut registration marks around one of the projects. Our cutter is wide enough to handle the vinyl width, but not the registration marks if they went around both projects. Total length of vinyl needed is 145 inches so we need to make best use. See pic. Running Flexi 8.2v2 Mutoh printer

Thank you!

Attachments

• contour project.jpg
    contour project.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 99

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Set up your crop marks in the Flexi designer and send that job to the production manager to hold, not send right away. Send the other job over to production manager to hold. Select both jobs, nest them together and print them only. Roll the vinyl back and cut as you normally would.

300mphGraphics

Set up your crop marks in the Flexi designer...
I don't seem to be able to set crop marks in version 8.6v2. I found a youtube video saying the same thing, but when I go to effects>cut mark, there is only one option and it looks nothing like my regular |_ at the corners.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
How do you normally set up the crop marks? If you do it in your design software, just do it there and add the job to the production manager.

300mphGraphics

How do you normally set up the crop marks? If you do it in your design software, just do it there and add the job to the production manager.
I select my graphic, add a contour cut, and hit rip and print. When I hit send, a second file is created in production manager for the contour cut.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I select my graphic, add a contour cut, and hit rip and print. When I hit send, a second file is created in production manager for the contour cut.

So it sounds like you are just used to the software adding the crop marks for you. Now all you have to do is, in production manager, select the job with that is going to be contour cut, hold the ctrl button and select the other job you want to print. Hit the nest button and it will put them together. Check the layout screen to make sure it nests them side by side first then print the new nested job. Now roll the vinyl back to the beginning, set the origin just like you would on any cut job and cut the job just like you normally would. It will only cut the cut job and leave the other print alone.

300mphGraphics

So it sounds like you are just used to the software adding the crop marks for you. Now all you have to do is, in production manager, select the job with that is going to be contour cut, hold the ctrl button and select the other job you want to print. Hit the nest button and it will put them together. Check the layout screen to make sure it nests them side by side first then print the new nested job. Now roll the vinyl back to the beginning, set the origin just like you would on any cut job and cut the job just like you normally would. It will only cut the cut job and leave the other print alone.

It doesn't look like production manager will let me nest. There's a button for it, but I am not able to select it.

Attachments

• production manager.jpg
    production manager.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 93

Snydo

print the side with least ink coverage off to one side first, let cure a bit maybe....rewind and print the other side offset to the opposite side.

300mphGraphics

print the side with least ink coverage off to one side first, let cure a bit maybe....rewind and print the other side offset to the opposite side.

Unfortunately this is what I ended up having to do. Guess I need to upgrade my flexipro 8.6v2.

Thanks all.