• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Printing on Epson, Cutting on Mimaki

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have a friend who recently purchased a printer & plotter, then decided to go with Flexi as their RIP software since it supposedly supports the (used) Mimaki plotter model he purchased.
I am not that familiar with Flexi (I use Onyx & Graphtecs here), but he can print with Mimaki registration marks from Flexi.
When he goes to send the cut from Flexi to the plotter, it pops up a message about being sure the "read marks" is turned off on the plotter, and "says' it sends the file to it, but nothing ever pops up on the plotter screen.
I have the plotter set to remote, I can find/read/register the marks on the plotter itself, and it looks like the plotter (usb connection) is set up correctly in Windows & the correct port is selected.
If I change the USB port specified in Flexi to anything else it throws an error when sending the cut job.

Any ideas what we are doing wrong?
OR - Anyone out there that can offer phone support to him?

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Does Flexi send a cut only job to the plotter? Can you send the test cut from Production Manager?
I think the menu will use the term "Mark Detect" Try it with that setting off and let Flexi take care of it.

Good Luck

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure you've installed the latest Mimaki USB driver. Then choose, "USB_Printer_0" as your port. The USB Printer 0 option will only show up in the list if the driver is working and the plotter is connected and powered on.