• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Flexi / Signlab to Print Factory workflow

Gary Wiant

Can anyone tell me their workflow when designing in Flexi or Signlab & printing through Print Factory? How much jumping between programs is there?

TIA
Gary

Gary Wiant

Do you set your contour cut lines in the design & then send both print & cut data to Print Factory or do you cut through design production mgr & print through Print Factory or pri t and cut through Print Factory?

Flexi has direct buttons to send print data to RasterLink, Vertelith, Onyx & Epson's print program Hot Folder which streamlines production, hopefully Flexi and or Print Factory will enable this in the future, but when talking to Print Factory I'm not sure this will happen. The person who gave me a zoom preview of Pri t Factory basically said the design part of PF is all you need. I haven't used it yet but I can't see it being as powerful as Flexi, Signlab or Illustrator, especially when I have 29 years of files already setup.

iladi

Why don't you just export the job done in your favorite design software as PDF? The layout module of Print Factory is quite powerfull, more powerfull than Flexis' or many other RIPs out there.

I don't know what the PF tehnician show to you but my workflow is this.

I allready have queues for different printers and print modes. I drag the PDF in the queue that I want to print and the layout open by it self. There I set the number of copys, arangement, cut (or not), tiling, other finishing and hit print. Imediately or to wait for my later command.

I have used Wasatch, Flexi, Onyx and PF is by far the best.