• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fluorescent colors/ink eco solvent

Ooxablon

Hey,

Ive seen a lot of topics where people are complaining about their colors not being vibrant enough? Luckily there are fluorescent eco solvent inks available. Does anyone have experience with these? Are there things to keep in mind when using them? Just replace yellow and mangenta out of the cmyk?

cornholio

I have only installed fluo colors additionally to CMYK on sublimation systems.
But the lightfastness is not very good.(to say it kindly)
I know that swissQ has inks for their UV printers.
Color vibrancy is a question of color management mostly, or dirty colors.(nice to see, how the changeover from EcoMax to EcoMax3 enhances the gamut, because the yellow is much cleaner.)

Ooxablon

I have only installed fluo colors additionally to CMYK on sublimation systems.
But the lightfastness is not very good.(to say it kindly)
I know that swissQ has inks for their UV printers.
Color vibrancy is a question of color management mostly, or dirty colors.(nice to see, how the changeover from EcoMax to EcoMax3 enhances the gamut, because the yellow is much cleaner.)
The supplier said it s only for indoor. But for my use its outdoor, but not likely to catch much sunlight. Would an uv laminate be an option?

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Fluorescent Pigments have never worked well outdoors. They work by taking UV light and converting it to visible light to make the pigments pop. There's only so much converting that can be packed into a pigment, then it stops boosting the color and your left with a faded graphic. Even indoors, most fluorescent pigments have a much shorter life span than we've come to expect for our graphics.

Good Luck