• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuji Acuity Advanced Select Ink Set - KA Users?

buildexperience

We recently purchased an Acuity. We are currently running the KI inks but are not real thrilled with the durability. It has great adhesion but after it is printed, it is susceptible to abrasion. The ink doesn't come off, but if you lightly run your fingernail across it, it shows. We've tried different materials and cranking up the lamps to high but that seems to make no difference.

We are thinking about switching to the KA ink set. Is anyone else using this ink? Or any tips on the KI ink?

AlsEU

KI/KA inks.

We recently purchased an Acuity. We are currently running the KI inks but are not real thrilled with the durability. It has great adhesion but after it is printed, it is susceptible to abrasion. The ink doesn't come off, but if you lightly run your fingernail across it, it shows. We've tried different materials and cranking up the lamps to high but that seems to make no difference.

We are thinking about switching to the KA ink set. Is anyone else using this ink? Or any tips on the KI ink?

What kind of materials you have tested? Have you tried primers?
KA inks have better adhesion to rigid plastic substrates, higher scratch resistance and are less affected by fingerprints on the substrate, but... The gamut is smaller, colours are weaker (especially red) and finish is different - low satin (KI has high satin).

buildexperience

We've printed to a lot of different materials. Sintra, Palram, styrene, Translucent styrene, a variety of banner materials, plex, lexan, to name a few. We don't have any trouble with adhesion. In fact, once the ink is down it is very difficult to remove, which is a good thing. Our problem is that it "scars" very easily. If you rub your hand over the printed piece, it's no problem. But even the lightest stroke with your fingernail shows. It doesn't remove the ink, but there is a definite color change where the print was scraped. Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't think an adhesion promoter would change this. Regardless, I shouldn't have to use an adhesion promoter on common substrates to prevent the scarring.

I know that the KA inks have a smaller gamut, but how bad is it? We sent some files and material off to Fuji to have samples run, so we are eager to get those back and compare.

AlsEU

KI/KA inks.

UV inks after printing hasn't full resistance, you have to wait at least 24 hrs to get proper resistance (but some chemical reactions in the ink layer will take part up to few weeks after the printing). Try to discuss the problem with local Fuji support team.
The KA gamut? I could find a file, which will be perfect and another one, which will look really bad - again, talk with local Fuji.