• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Sabre with Low Power/Sounds Off

AKProbeGT

I have a Gerber Sabre 404 that we've had for many years and has been trouble free besides replacing the router heads as needed until today. I was routing a panel that needed to be done in 2 pieces it cut the first half and then I needed to shift the panel. When I went back to my router room I noticed it smelled different and sounded different. The black electrical box that powers the router was very quiet. The fan was barely moving and if I try to move the router head it seems very slow. I shut everything down. I took the top and back covers off and don't see any obvious problems but I also don't know what I'm looking at or looking for. Any suggestions on what I might be looking for?

AKProbeGT

Start with your power going to the machine.
Then maybe the power supply ?
I paid the money and talked to Gerber Technical support. We originally diagnosed a bad cooling fan but they said I could run without that if I wasn't running it hard. I tried that but neither the router motor or my vacuum would kick on like they should. We did a bunch of testing and it seems the relays that control both those functions went bad too. The tech didn't know what would have caused this but through our testing the computer boards and everything else seem ok. I ordered the fan early in the morning for about $100. The relays seem to be hard to find and over $200 each but I found a pair of open box ones on ebay for less that $75.