• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Line in all prints

timkaz227

I have a "line" showing up in all of my prints. It is in the same location on the printer. Any thoughts? I noticed on the one sample I attached, the color seems to be out of register, but it is only in this area. The rest of the print is fine.

Roland SP-540V.

Attachments

• WP_20150811_003.jpg
    WP_20150811_003.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 88
  • WP_20150811_002.jpg
    WP_20150811_002.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 82
  • WP_20150811_001.jpg
    WP_20150811_001.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 62

J Hill Designs

I would start by cleaning the encoder strip, there might be a small spec at that point along the scale

DO NOT use solvent cleaner

timkaz227

Perfect!

I would start by cleaning the encoder strip, there might be a small spec at that point along the scale

DO NOT use solvent cleaner

Thanks, I don't know why I don't think about the encoder strip. Cleaning it solves so many problems.
Thanks Again.

WRAPIFY

Looks like possible bad/dirty vinyl/media? Try different media on the same machine. If it still shows on media you know is clean then yes, it might be the encoder strip needing a cleaning. Beyond that, are the pinch rollers in line with this issue? We have had a pinch roller cause the media to be "dirty" which causes the ink to not adhere to the media properly once it is fed under the print head, similar to finger prints.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Could you have a pinch wheel that's contaminated or something ?? If it's at the same exact spot, I would think something mechanical/physical is causing it.

Reason being, it looks like the OP showed 3 different medias.