• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 700W and Onyx Rip Software and Calculating Ink Usage

rwalus

Hello, I have an HP700W and an Onyx Thrive 22 Rip and I was wondering if anyone on this forum has this configuration and was able to set up ink calculations within Thrive 22. I have watched videos and have talked to the Onyx Thrive techs with no luck. Basically the goal is to be able to pull a file before printing and find out how much ink I will be using on the job, however not the total ink I am currently able to do this. I am looking more specifically for a breakdown for all the colors (CMYK, LM, LC, OP, OC, and White). I was told by the Onyx tech that because the HP700W controls the ink spray pattern the rip software can not calculate the ink usage. Let me know if this is true and or if you have this configuration and were able to get it to work let me know.

Side note: The files attached are what is needed to configure the ink calculation set up. However I get the "not configured" text in the column its supposed to generate the ink calculations in.

Thank you in advanced.

Attachments

• Image_20240125_105405_902-min.jpeg
    Image_20240125_105405_902-min.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 81
  • Image_20240125_105406_017-min.jpeg
    Image_20240125_105406_017-min.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
  • Image_20240125_105406_148-min.jpeg
    Image_20240125_105406_148-min.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 37

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yep I think they are correct because it's contone all the needed calculation is done on the printer and Onyx can't know.

yannb

Hello, I have an HP700W and an Onyx Thrive 22 Rip and I was wondering if anyone on this forum has this configuration and was able to set up ink calculations within Thrive 22. I have watched videos and have talked to the Onyx Thrive techs with no luck. Basically the goal is to be able to pull a file before printing and find out how much ink I will be using on the job, however not the total ink I am currently able to do this. I am looking more specifically for a breakdown for all the colors (CMYK, LM, LC, OP, OC, and White). I was told by the Onyx tech that because the HP700W controls the ink spray pattern the rip software can not calculate the ink usage. Let me know if this is true and or if you have this configuration and were able to get it to work let me know.

Side note: The files attached are what is needed to configure the ink calculation set up. However I get the "not configured" text in the column its supposed to generate the ink calculations in.

Thank you in advanced.
You probably can point a browser to the IP address of your printer, and take a look there.