• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP or Epson

brazil

Hello, that's my first post here. I'm starting a road sing company and I'm with a lot of doubts about my first digital printer.
We found two good deals HP Latex 335 print and cut solution and Epson SureColor S40600.
I'd like to know which model is the best and the pros and cons of each.
Thanks for your help

ikarasu

If you're starting a road sign company.... Then you need HP Latex to be Traffic certified on 3M Materials.

If you're using Avery materials... you need a Trafficjet.

You can't just purchase any printer and print road signs - At least for north America... Maybe brazil has different laws / certifications.

ToTo

Professional Support
Traffic signs needs to be printed with red and blue, not cmyk. There are just a few, like Durst with 3M traffic ink. You need to have the tools to guarantee reflectivity and saturation. The first investment is huge regarding tools, training and certification.

netsol

Traffic signs needs to be printed with red and blue, not cmyk. There are just a few, like Durst with 3M traffic ink. You need to have the tools to guarantee reflectivity and saturation. The first investment is huge regarding tools, training and certification.
believe it or not, you can make red & blue with cmyk

in spite of mind boggling regulations and certifications, the traffic signs in new jersey are faded, before the lift trucks can drive away

brazil

If you're starting a road sign company.... Then you need HP Latex to be Traffic certified on 3M Materials.

If you're using Avery materials... you need a Trafficjet.

You can't just purchase any printer and print road signs - At least for north America... Maybe brazil has different laws / certifications.
Here we can use any printer. There isn't specific laws about it.

ikarasu

Here we can use any printer. There isn't specific laws about it.
Well, send your traffic materials to both printer manufacturers or sales reps and get a sample printed.

I know when we had our Solvent printer it wouldn't print on 3M Reflective vinyls - it'd mist a lot, and getting a headstrike on it was brutal.

Then you have Latex - If you print on engineer grade a lot (Not sure what brazil uses?) It'll wash off / delaminate with Latex, at least if using 3M 3290.

So it all depends on what is your material, if regulations are out of the equation.

ikarasu

That was 10 years ago. You no longer need a 100K Durst to print traffic...you can use a 20K Latex printer.

Avery has a Solvent printer, I dont believe it uses red... but I dont know avery enough to be right / wrong about it!

I believe Nikkalite uses Seikos... also with no red.