• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help with wrap design

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have a client who wants a partial wrap. I am just not a graphic artist. I sent this to people on Fivver and they would not touch it. I can't find clipart, I can't hand draw. Client is willing to pay, I just need to find someone to do this.

1. Must include logo on door
2. Very little if any green on the design - he hates green
3. Must include a river or some kind of lines that look like water or flowing.
3. Design will be on trucks that have just one door, some have 2 doors and some are regular pick ups so design must be "mostly" on front door
4. He would like the design to go to the front tire.
5. I'm wondering if we work with the hood to the door instead?

Anyway, this is a big client and I need it to look professional. Please PM me or whatever and let's talk. This is my chicken scratch crap LOL

1712582384832.png

'

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Put just the logo on the door. Maybe the phone number beneith it. Keep a clean landscape graphic on the side of the bed, or rear end of the vehicle. Tailgate graphics include logo, contact info, services.

Precision

I have a freelance designer that can do this for you. Don't really know how to pm you, but would be willing to help.

Are you just doing the sides and tailgate?

Boudica

Typical branding packages (including logo design, vehicle wrap design, stationery, all rights) start at $10,000.

I'm good; these guys are better:

That's insane. Somehow I don't think a small town landscaper has this in their budget. She said he's willing to pay, but I doubt he's like Starbucks and needs that fancy of a branding package.

Boudica

Stacey,
A Wrap design for 4 sides is usually $500+ for a job like that. Not free!
who said it had to be free? The OP states her customer is willing to Pay. Not K Collins rates, but no one was looking for a freebie.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Typical branding packages (including logo design, vehicle wrap design, stationery, all rights) start at $10,000.

I'm good; these guys are better:

That's a lot of money to spend to look the same as every other company they have worked with. Click on their HVAC portfolio. You'd kind of expect to see a wide variety of styles for this money, not multiple ai tweaks of the same stupid theme.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How many times is that guy gonna change his name, hence his company's name to stay in business ?? The majority of those examples are like 25 years old already and are rather outdated, not to mention they basically all look alike.

damonCA21

That's a lot of money to spend to look the same as every other company they have worked with. Click on their HVAC portfolio. You'd kind of expect to see a wide variety of styles for this money, not multiple ai tweaks of the same stupid theme.
I agree, they are all AI they have knocked up in a few minutes - pretty much everything in their logo examples! There is no design has gone on there

You can always tell as they all have that non professional cartoon look. How many actual professional companies do you see have cartoon logo?

Boudica

I agree, they are all AI they have knocked up in a few minutes - pretty much everything in their logo examples! There is no design has gone on there

You can always tell as they all have that non professional cartoon look. How many actual professional companies do you see have cartoon logo?
It's almost criminal how much they charge. And who would recommend that overpriced tripe? oh, wait...

Stacey K

I like making signs
How many times is that guy gonna change his name, hence his company's name to stay in business ?? The majority of those examples are like 25 years old already and are rather outdated, not to mention they basically all look alike.
Ha Ha! I knew you would recognize him! He's actually one of the top landscapers in the area and has several vehicles, trailers, etc. He has ADHD and changes his mind every year.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Sign makers have traditionally (and significantly) undercharged for logo design work. It takes time, much thought, and much knowledge and experience to do this type of work with any degree of professionalism. Good graphic designers charge for the value of their work. I would figure $2k would be a realistic minimum for a thoughtful, well researched design. Add to that the cost of coming up with a name, tagline, and the application of the logo to a company's overall branding strategy and the costs can go much higher. When you consider the value of a competent branding identity package and how when properly applied it can leverage profits for the company now and well into the future, cheaping out at this formative stage can have significant negative consequences.

You wouldn't want to shop for the cheapest doctor or lawyer if your life is in their hands. Same with your company that you will spend your working life trying to build into an asset that you can live comfortably on both now and in retirement.

If for whatever reasons you insist on going the cheap route, companies like LogoMagic are competent and way better than using DALL•E or Fivver (or a friend's kid brother who has a copy of Canva).

Boudica

I'm not sure coming up with a brand logo can be equated to a brain surgeon, or a lawyer trying to get you acquitted for murder. some outfits that offer design packages are over valuing what they are giving you, and underpaying the underlings who are actually doing the work. They are catering to national brands, who have the deep pockets and the lazy marketing department to hire them.