• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

IJ35C laminating cloudiness

303DC

Anyone have any ideas why this cloudiness would be happening? IJ35C/8508 lam cold roll, HP L310 printer. I only ever see it on calendared films like this. No issues with my cast Avery 1005/1360 setup.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20160902_221436.jpg
    IMG_20160902_221436.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_20160902_221303.jpg
    IMG_20160902_221303.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 180

danno

I usually see that about the last 200" of laminate. What I am told is that it is roll impressions, usually left by the tube or the tightening of the laminate on the roll. If it isn't too bad, heat will take out the haziness.

TXFB.INS

never knew why, but it is always on the end of the rolls and only with calendared material

and yes heat usually works, we always treat it like silvering heat with a gun or place in the back and let the sun cook it

303DC

Sounds like 3M needs to figure out how to fix this. That's a lot of product lost/time lost if I have to go through and heat up big batch orders due to a manufacturing error. My vendor sent photos off to 3M today, so we'll see what they say.

303DC

never knew why, but it is always on the end of the rolls and only with calendared material

and yes heat usually works, we always treat it like silvering heat with a gun or place in the back and let the sun cook it
I wonder if setting an IR lamp near the lam roll would help and essentially act as a heat assist. Hmmmmm.

303DC

I don't think it will...you need lots of heat to get rid of that crap.

I send back rolls that are that bad...and just put up with the stuff that appears here and there throughout the roll.

Best solution I've found so far is to stop using 8519 altogether and switch to 8518, but that doesn't really help in this case.
But this is 8508. 8518/8519 is cast, unless I'm mistaken? I only use Avery 1105/1360 or 1160 for my cast printed stuff (for the most part).

ProColorGraphics

I switched from using 3M IJ35C to using Substance Media 2755. Prints better, last longer and is cheaper. Their laminate is WAY better too!