• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink replacement mid-job? HP L300

303DC

I've searched and haven't come up with a solid answer on this. Does HP L300 allow ink replacement mid-job if it runs out during a print job, or does it force starting the job over? Any issues with color accuracy/consistency if it allows mid-job replacements?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I've searched and haven't come up with a solid answer on this. Does HP L300 allow ink replacement mid-job if it runs out during a print job, or does it force starting the job over? Any issues with color accuracy/consistency if it allows mid-job replacements?

No you cannot swap out mid job. Something about the ink being pressurized in the carts makes it so you cannot pull out during a job.

Yes, it is possible to replace an empty cartridge mid-job. It will stop printing and alert the operator with audible beeps. The ink train is pressurized, so you will need to go to the printer's main control panel and initiate the cartridge change from there. You have a finite amount of time to replace the cartridge before the job times out (not sure how much time).

Kwiksigns

wookie
When my ink runs out in the middle of a job, the printer pauses, starts beeping to let me know, i switch it out and it resumes printing. I have a 360

greysquirrel

After cartridge empties you can swap...no issue to print...

This printer is not hot-swapable...you will either blow up your pip or ink line assembly

303DC

After cartridge empties you can swap...no issue to print...

This printer is not hot-swapable...you will either blow up your pip or ink line assembly
Unless I'm reading this wrong, you just completely contradicted what you said? However, I'll take Castek's advice on this.

Thanks all! :thumb:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, you just completely contradicted what you said? However, I'll take Castek's advice on this.

Thanks all! :thumb:

Kinda in that he didn't explain himself fully. If you take the ink out unprompted something bad will happen because the lines and cartridge itself are pressurized. If the printer prompts you, (which it will) in the middle of a print to change out an ink cartridge. Do it immediately and resume and your prints are fine. No banding, no nothing.

bigben

Kinda in that he didn't explain himself fully. If you take the ink out unprompted something bad will happen because the lines and cartridge itself are pressurized. If the printer prompts you, (which it will) in the middle of a print to change out an ink cartridge. Do it immediately and resume and your prints are fine. No banding, no nothing.

And does this apply to the L26500 also? Because I was always change my cartridge before starting a job for long run and take it off when they were bellow the 20ml.

And does this apply to the L26500 also? Because I was always change my cartridge before starting a job for long run and take it off when they were bellow the 20ml.

That I can't say for sure. I think I remember on the L25500 that I had to run a ink estimation and see how much ink I would be using. And if it was more then a certain job I would also swap them before print. I can't remember for sure though. Save a almost empty one and use it on a small job.

dypinc

That I can't say for sure. I think I remember on the L25500 that I had to run a ink estimation and see how much ink I would be using. And if it was more then a certain job I would also swap them before print. I can't remember for sure though. Save a almost empty one and use it on a small job.

The L25500 and the L26500 worked the same way as the L360. They would stop and ask you to replace the ink cartridge just like the L3xx do.

bigben

The L25500 and the L26500 worked the same way as the L360. They would stop and ask you to replace the ink cartridge just like the L3xx do.

That's true. I've just forgot to change my cartridge and the printer stopped and asked me to change it, then resume the print. (L26500)

ProColorGraphics

I have done this with all (3) latex models. The printer simply stops telling you an ink is empty. It will depressurize the ink system, then will start back up once you put a new ink in. Just follow the on screen prompts and you won't have any issues. I never have anyways. I always run them until they are totally empty.

Morkel

We can change inks at any time on our 360. Still have to instigate it through the "replace ink cartridges" function on the screen, but the inks don't need to be empty to do it. So if you're mid-print, need to go out, and not sure if the ink will last until you're back, you can throw in a full cartridge just to be safe.

We can't do this on the L28500 or 260, it says "this function is not available at this time" or whatever.