• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Instructions for cleaning

Ed's Sign

Edward S.
My shop has a Mimaki UJF 6042 that we've had for about 4-5 months now. Does anyone know of a resource that details cleaning procedures for these machines? I've read the manual several time, but it's painfully obvious to me that it was not written by a native English speaker and seems very lacking in details. I did find this site which give me some information, but i noticed it said to manually wipe the print heads from back to front. On my Roland solvent printer I've been told to NEVER wipe the print heads, so this seems strange to me. Is this machine different? I don't want to do something that can damage the machine, and i want to make sure i can maintain and clean it properly

paperstrategies

cleaning

I run a ujf 3042 and occasionally I do wipe the heads, but only if necessary. Usually after catastrophe... In any case, it's important to use the provided cleaning solution ONLY. It's a mild solvent that's meant to break down uv inks. Another big mention is to use the fiberless swabs. We had to order them seperate but they are really important. Using a cotton swab or microfiber rag can leave particles behind that clog up your heads and lead to future clogs and messes.

inkjet frank

lint free sponge swabs

We carry all sorts of lint free sponge swabs on our website. We also have the Mimaki maintenance manuals for download in our support section.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Our flatbed runs quite a bit, so we clean them every morning first thing and sometimes in the middle of the day if needed. After we run the ink through, we gently swipe each head and be sure not to cross contaminate colors. We have special soft cloths just for this. Has never hurt a head to my knowledge...... and I'd know, cause I'm the guy whose gonna see that bill come through for a new head.