• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Is my old Graphtec CE2000-60 still valid ?

agencealoha

Hello
Do you think the CE2000-60 is still workable (it worked for the last time on vista and coreldraw x4)
the only way to connect it to the computer is via a serial port, are there any USB adapters?
and what about cutting master compatibility with coreldraw 20 and win11 ?
Thanks

Attila Nagy

Yes, any Cutter can be connected to Win11. Use USB-Serial adapter and DB9-DB25 null modem cable. CuttingMaster2 runs as well but only supports Corel up to X7. Many other softwares can be used with CE2000.

Last edited:

Vassago

As long as it has a serial port - any Plotter should still work.. The issue arises if blades are available, In your case they are. It'll just be bit slower and the curves might not be as crisp as newer models.

The biggest killer is rust and bad caps on power supplies

Vassago

Anytime.. Old kit works.. Its just marketing that makes you "want" the latest and greatest.. Unless of course you actually are overwhelmed with jobs and you need the best. But in that case, it's often better to buy more, rather than a better single one.