• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminated HP latex prints on paper?

ForgeInc

So, just curious if any of you folks have ever laminated HP photo paper front + back that was printed on on an HP latex machine? (especially bigger prints?)

We often have need for these types of solutions, but have found that after time some of the laminated prints start to curl. One time we had to completely re-print a job because by the time the job delivered almost all the prints had tremendous amounts of curl around the edges.

Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem, or if your prints always remained flat?

I don't think our issue had anything to do with the type of laminates we used because we have tried different types with similar results, so am thinking it might have to do with the ink?

Anyone have any input? Thanks!

Tony McD

Have no idea if this is true in your case, but have something similar happen before.
The problem I had was a little too much tension on the laminate, and it was pulling on the print.

sballinger

Your not the only one. Ever since we got the LX850, I haven't been able to get a latex print to not curl after laminating. Regardless of the media. I've tried adjusting the tension, speed, heat and using the cam rollers on our AGL but no luck. If I figure something out, i'll post the solution

KevSign

We just print 2 posters on HP Photorealistic 9mil size 6'x5' with matte laminate on HP L25500. Look very flat. But I don't know at the customer, properly good over 1 week already.
Laminator from US Tech with heat assist.