• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating White vinyl to the back of 6mm/0.24in clear acrylic

uv

Hello everyone,

We are looking to buy a new laminator and would like to know if anyone has any success with laminating vinyl to 6mm/0.24in acrylic sheets.

We currently apply it wet but would love to just roll it thru

Obviously the height difference in acrylic makes it hard to achieve full adhesion to the sheet without bubbles.

We have a old laminator that only can adjust height by notches rather than a roller adjustment.

Just wondering if anyone can do this dry??

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
As White Haus says - any reputable laminator will do it. Look at a GFP or Kala. These are both top notch and will adjust the nip infinitely to any size. The GFP is manual and the Kala has motors that lift and adjust the nip.

guillermo

I do laminate anything flat on my 65" laminator, even up to 1/2", what I do is stick the edge of the vinyl, feed about 2" into laminator, flip the vinyl to go around the roller, then remove the liner/backing and feed material, it will be no bubbles.