• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Large bitmap printing

ZipSeb

Hey, I was curious to see what people do with low resolution images that need to be printed in a large format 192"x144".
Also, how do you go about printing some billboard files? Sending the file half size to the rip and then printing it at 200%?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
If it's really bad, you can use software such as Topaz Gigapixel to enhance it. If the normal viewing distance is far away, it will probably be fine.

somcalmetim

I do layouts at 10% size then size up to 100% for final print slug prep and export...
Small stuff I send at 300dpi, large format stuff at 150 if possible but even 75+ is ok if you add some pixels and view from a distance to take in the whole pic...rather than blur I re-rasterize low res pic at higher res to add pixels and soften pixelation (very similar output to the blur in the end)
Also have Topaz Ai upscale which works good but it does adds little AI artifacts in some fine details...