• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LexJet Simple Grip Window material and bubbles

derekw13029

Does anyone have any experience with installing LexJet's Simple Grip? It's a polyester window film, looks great, but we put up some graphics last Thursday and there are still lots of bubbles under the graphic.

We used LOTS of water/soap mixture because it was EXTREMELY windy on our install day (of course). Definitely not the best day to install, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Our rep at LexJet assures us the bubbles will eventually go away when the trapped water permeates through the film. But I'm not sure I believe him, and I definitely want to assure our clients that's true.

Besides getting a squeegee and going back over it, does anyone have any tips for releasing bubbles trapped in polymer window films?

derekw13029

Okay, so now I've ordered a bottle of Rapid Tac, our rep is saying it will help with the evaporation of the water underneath.

Will update.

d fleming

It will. Also making sure you have all possible squeegeed out on install. I do a ton of temporary liquor store window graphics. Slam with weasel pizz and boogie.

derekw13029

Word, thanks for the reassurance. I've done a lot of 70/30 perf and vinyl window graphics, not so much with these fancy static adhesion plastic films. They look damn good, though, no denying that.