• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Multicam MACG-103-K9207

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
I cut a 1/4" sheet of polycarbonate yesterday, many letters in a sheet. Everything went well.
I go to cut the second sheet for remainder of letters for job and when it comes down it seems to cut the first pass (3 pass cut of 0.1" per pass) but when it goes to cut the 2nd and 3rd pass it comes up instead of going down into the substrate.

The Enroute 23 files are identical (as far as I can see), I did the calibration of tool1 (spindle) and then my surface, and max depths.

what am i doing wrong?
why is this happening?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
My first guess was that the surface somehow got set to the bottom of the plate (in your file setup) instead of the top, but then I wouldn't think the first pass would go down, either. Couldn't hurt to check, though.
(In EnRoute, this is an option when you create a new plate- it's a "check box" near the bottom of the window. No clue where it might be on other software, as it's been 20 something years since I used anything else.)

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
My first guess was that the surface somehow got set to the bottom of the plate (in your file setup) instead of the top, but then I wouldn't think the first pass would go down, either. Couldn't hurt to check, though.
(In EnRoute, this is an option when you create a new plate- it's a "check box" near the bottom of the window. No clue where it might be on other software, as it's been 20 something years since I used anything else.)
yes i did check that. I switched it and it was even worse. SPindle went UPWARDS even higher.

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a loose direction wire on the z
when I start up the machine and it does it's booting routine, the Z is checked and the spindle goes up and down.
If there was an issue with the wire (wherever that is) should it not detect it in the startup routine?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
The only other thing I can think of (besides calling Multicam) is have someone with the same software look at the file and get some "fresh eyes" on it. If you want to send the DNC and EnRoute files to me, I can try taking a look at 'em. We run a Multicam 3000 series, but I'd imagine the G-Code is the same.